Feature Requests

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Since the project is very new and the current state is very primitive, you are more than welcome to post your feature requests and suggestions here

Mar 15, 2011 at 6:47 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Hello,

Is it possible that the application generates the CREATE and DROP Table statements for all tables in the database ?

In case the database was missing it's a usefull thing.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM

I was actually thinking of implementing code generation for database maintenance code for creating, dropping, compressing the database. Expect this in build 1.0.4. I'm currently working on a "Connect to database" dialog on the GUI App to load databases that are password protected.

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:56 AM

Excuse me to bother you, but do you think that generate Count functions is possible?

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM
laedit wrote:

Excuse me to bother you, but do you think that generate Count functions is possible?

Just implemented it. Expect it in the next drop :)

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:40 AM

Excellent, thank you again!

Another request: it's possible to add OrderBy methods?

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2011 at 9:17 AM
laedit wrote:

Excellent, thank you again!

Another request: it's possible to add OrderBy methods?

I decided not to implement that since LINQ already addressed that in C# 3.0. Add System.Linq to your using declarations then you can just do a SelectByXXX(...) then use the LINQ extension methods like OrderBy(c=>c.XXX) or OrderByDescending to do the sorting

something like this:

IDataRepository repository = new DataRepository();

foreach (var item in repository.Table1.SelectAll().OrderBy(c=>c.Id)) {

// do stuff

}

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Ok, I totally forgot LINQ.

But I've another requests:

- Return the SQL generated Id for the Create method which ignore the Id

- Add some auto-generated comments for the classes and methods

Is that be possible?

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2011 at 10:05 AM
laedit wrote:

Ok, I totally forgot LINQ.

But I've another requests:

- Return the SQL generated Id for the Create method which ignore the Id

- Add some auto-generated comments for the classes and methods

Is that be possible?

The initial preview I think returned an instance of the generated table object upon calling Create. It then provides a pre-filled Id field. I'm working on some features for the GUI app where you can customize how the code will be generated, I just haven't thought everything through yet...

I'm actually currently working on adding xml-doc style comments for all generated code! It's like you read my mind... Expect this in the next release :)

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Thanks for all your feature requests by the way! Keeps me inspired to continue work on the project :)

Mar 20, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Your welcome, this project help me a lot!

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:44 AM

I've just tested the xml-doc feature, it's perfect!

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 7:53 AM
laedit wrote:

I've just tested the xml-doc feature, it's perfect!

Glad to hear!

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I've submitted a patch for the feature that I requested above. It's only quick-tested so be careful if you want to use it!

Another thing, can you remove the ".sdf" from the generated namespace or you leave it for a particular purpose?

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM
laedit wrote:

I've submitted a patch for the feature that I requested above. It's only quick-tested so be careful if you want to use it!

Another thing, can you remove the ".sdf" from the generated namespace or you leave it for a particular purpose?

Cool, I check out your patch tonight.

I was deciding between .sdf or .generated, but now that I've been using the app more and more, I don't see the need for it anymore. I'll just remove it :)

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Thanks! :D